Week 1 – assignment: examine statistical analysis within the context
For this assignment, you first will identify a topic of interest that you might want to pursue research. You are not tied to this topic when you reach the dissertation sequence, but it should be a topic that you find interesting now and also relates to your program and specialization.
Next, conduct a literature search using the NCU library to locate two quantitative studies examining your selected topic and in which the authors present statistical findings.
Once you have located your articles, you will prepare a short paper using the following format:
- Introduction to the selected topic of interest
- Brief summary of first article
- Include research question(s) and hypotheses, if stated, and general findings.
- Brief summary of second article
- Include research question(s) and hypotheses, if stated, and general findings
- Include statistical tests used.
- Specifically, compare and contrast the two articles, assessing the types of statistical methods and analysis used.
- Assess what approach you might take if you were to conduct a study in this topic area.
Length: 5 pages not including title page and reference page.
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.